Monday, April 30, 2012

Noah’s Ark

 

     This is a Lego I made about a month ago. There is not much to describe, but I guess you could say it was inspired by my Bible book that I’m doing this year for school. I thought it was cool because I realized that the story of Noah’s Ark is not a children’s story, its one of the most devastating things God ever did to human beings.

     Anyway, I originally wanted to make it scale to the Lego mini figure, but that would have been almost 10 feet long! And you can imagine I don’t have enough brown Lego bricks for that. In the end I scaled it down about 8 times to get it just over a foot long. And now we have almost no brown brick left in our boxes.P4280007

 

 

P4280003

2 comments:

  1. Very cool - and using legos maybe lends new meaning to "cubits"? ;)

    aus

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful job. Just a couple days ago I finished reading a book where these 2 boys go back in time to the days of Noah, but they don't know for a while that is the time they are in and they are racking their brains to figure out how it's familiar. And by the end it's completely heartbreaking when they realize all the people are going to DIE.

    I often wonder why people use the Noah's Ark theme to decorate baby nurseries or bedrooms because I think, "Ummmm that story is God wiping out the WORLD for their sin. it's not all happy animals and such."

    ReplyDelete