Tuesday, May 1, 2012

1969 VW Beetle

 

P5010052

This is a Lego I’ve had for a while. It is a 1969 VW Beetle with opening doors, a seat that folds forward to get to the back seat, a hood that opens to reveal a spare tire, and a trunk that has the classic rear mounted engine. I’ve been working on this Lego on and off, trying to make it as good as possible. It’s been about a year since I’ve made it, and it’s probably almost done. It’s one of the best Lego models I’ve ever built and it took quite a while to make.

   It all started when, well, I guess right after we came home from church. I randomly had the idea to build something big. And I’ve always (since I started thinking about what kind of car I am going to get) liked the look of the old Beetles. So I decided that I was going to build one. I asked my Mom to print out some pictures of old VW Beetles, and she came up with a picture of one from 1969.

It took about three days to build because we had off school for the week. P5010051

P5010048

P5010043

Overall though, I think it turned out great, how about you?

3 comments:

  1. That's actually pretty cool too! It's near impossible to build "curves" like the 'bug' had! Back in the 70's - I'm thinking 77 or 78 - during one of those spring rains that make history - we actually 'snagged' one that was floating down the whitewater river and chained it to a tree until the river went down. The owner came by, dried off the spark plugs and distributor cap - and had to crank it twice but it started and kept running!

    Very cool car!

    aus

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is sooooooooooo awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!


    Your awesome brother Logan

    ReplyDelete